Is there also a “floating road”?

Yes, besides the Rolling Road (ROLA) there is also a floating road.

If a truck with tractor unit and semi-trailer or trailer is completely transported by rail (on low-floor or pocket wagons) and the truck driver drives in the rail couchette car, this is referred to as the "rolling road". This is also referred to as accompanied combined transport.

In contrast, in unaccompanied combined transport (UCT), the transport is not accompanied by the driver. This includes all transports of containers, swap bodies and semi-trailers.

Even when entire lorries are transported on an inland waterway vessel ("floating country road"), the drivers are not on board for safety and legal reasons. Most combined transport is unaccompanied.